So its June.
Another year has come and gone, Its been a year since I had entered Polytechnic now. Suprisingly im still surviving, although my results shows otherwise. Reflecting back at my choice... im rather dissapointed.
GPA still stuck at 2.5 and is low against my expectations.
I realised that many things do indeed come with hardwork(or a little hardwork) no matter what even though you are a genius. Also, if effort is placed into studies, results do show.
Its not that I had not been studying, is just I thought I could had gotten away with those "miracles" in secondary in which I achieved good results with little or no studying at all. I seriously haven't remembered the time where I sat down to do my mathematics and still achieved a B3, I didnt even remember myself reading any physics or chemistry for one hour straight in those days and still had my A1. But things do change...
It seems now, this cannot be the way I work. My own undoing is my intelligence and pride. I know that I am smart but I let that generate excessive pride in me, and therefore feel superior against others. And it is this mindset that is so hard to change, that is causing the cracks to show. This is in parallel with my other experience in my childhood in which I topped my whole kindergarten in all my subjects, everything was 100/100 and perfect. In those days nobody told me to do anything, and nobody told me to study, I just could do it.... but things went bad with pride and laziness and I came to Normal academic once I hit secondary school.
We learn from our mistakes, to avoid them and share our mistakes with others. In such a way we could strive together for the sake of greater good.
GPA still stuck at 2.5 and is low against my expectations.
I realised that many things do indeed come with hardwork(or a little hardwork) no matter what even though you are a genius. Also, if effort is placed into studies, results do show.
Its not that I had not been studying, is just I thought I could had gotten away with those "miracles" in secondary in which I achieved good results with little or no studying at all. I seriously haven't remembered the time where I sat down to do my mathematics and still achieved a B3, I didnt even remember myself reading any physics or chemistry for one hour straight in those days and still had my A1. But things do change...
It seems now, this cannot be the way I work. My own undoing is my intelligence and pride. I know that I am smart but I let that generate excessive pride in me, and therefore feel superior against others. And it is this mindset that is so hard to change, that is causing the cracks to show. This is in parallel with my other experience in my childhood in which I topped my whole kindergarten in all my subjects, everything was 100/100 and perfect. In those days nobody told me to do anything, and nobody told me to study, I just could do it.... but things went bad with pride and laziness and I came to Normal academic once I hit secondary school.
We learn from our mistakes, to avoid them and share our mistakes with others. In such a way we could strive together for the sake of greater good.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home