Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Friday, June 16, 2006

The room with the spoilt clock.

Yes and that will be my room, with a clock that chimes every hour even at night. The mechanism that stops it from chiming has began to give way, sometimes it works and doesnt and now its 100 percent not working. My clock that hangs in my room should only chime at hours 6 in the morning and for every hour till 10 in the evening. Now its chiming even at 3 in the morning which is just plain irritating. Im going to get it serviced but its sure going to cost me some money.

Interestingly, I felt rather tired today for some reason. I take hours to fall alseep thats a fact, because one reason is my mind just would not stop thinking about all the things that has happened, are going to happen and will happen. I fall on my bed at 12, thats quite early, only to find myself tossing and turning and finally falling alseep at about 1.30.

I seriously am considering my options for university, and branching off into something else rather than science because I just plain don't have the passion for it anymore. I was very interested in science last year, but it just died down. Bringing back my passion for language and history especially ancient history. No doubt I had always read my philosophy and that kept me thinking about what I would really want in life. If I teach and consul people to do things they like and rethink their steps, why am I the one who am not doing the things I like and reposition myself? That question has always eluded me then suddenly it hit me like a rushing torrent... I never once considered that I was like the people I helped and taught to, everyone started somewhere and somehow. Its strange that people innertly have an assumption of
things, like I had a few assumptions that doctors cannot fall ill, and psychologist cannot get depression. Well thats just false.

Sometimes we need to look at things from a different perspective. When you see your true reflection, look again, your reflection is looking back at you, and you are still looking at the reflection looking back at you. That is the wonders of the mind itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home