Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Tradition...

In search of new lands, I build a new house. I thatch the house with reed stalks... gathered neatly in bundles. At the stone wall, let us celebrate the golden house, that was built by a hundred carpenters. Let us celebrate the golden house, that was built by a hundred carpenters.

The eighth month is fast approaching, and yet I have nothing to wear. I want to dress gaily, so brother, will you lend me just one sleeve? I wish to dress my children and loved ones... in the one kimono that I own
As for me, I will wear vines... that I plucked deep in the mountains

The light of the full moon shines down, illuminating the world with its divine light
When my lover sneaks in to visit me, I wish that the clouds would hide that light just a little.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im lost for words... Nothing I had ever heard resonnates as melancholy as this, and its in Okinawan. The pure voice in itself simple conveys the deepest feelings. Self sacrifice for the sake of your family, a worthy noble act indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home