Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Confused.

A week back I was in japan, In fact on this very day I was in Kyoto having a nice time in Kiyo Mizu Dera. It was snowing heavily at the time. It was a truly great and I didnt want to leave that place, the scenery and all. Of course in japan there were lots of eye candy ... girls and guys ... everyone seemed perfect. And the food there was wonderful, up to my expectations at least. You cant beat the price for quality anywhere in singapore anyway.

Though I am already much of a young adult, some parts of my life are still confusing even to my all powerful mind. There are some things that cannot be said here and only known to my closest friends.

Religion versus Ethics.
"What I like" versus Social rules.

This I have been pondering since 7 years ago, these are the exact statements I have to figure out. Which should be chosen, each has its advantages and each has its "right" views. And such is the inner me, though on the outside I seem in great composure and absolute control, in actual fact I have my weakness. I do not expose my weakness to anyone except to my closest friends. Whether or not in the end this is my own undoing only time can tell.

In the end I am still bound by my confucian ethics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home