Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A fortnight update (nearly)

As incredible as it seems, I think this time I would not do any better than the rests of the semester combined. My hopes of better grades were quickly dashed with the lab test for biochemtech which there was clearly something wrong with my calculations. The lab test alone was 20% of the total marks for that ICA module having 5 (not 4!) credit points worth. Great. And im not scoring a B for that module....

Im quickly losing patience and interest in biotech and seriously considering other options. No matter how hard you try and how much effort you put in, the others will always get ahead of you. I could not believe it that I can lose to people who memorise every single thing from their notes or texts and just put the whole chunk down on paper during examinations.

Education should follow what the world today wants in workers, creativity. Why arent science courses teaching that in class? I dont get it, if everyone were just to memorise stuff from their books, then what is there to discover?

1 Comments:

Blogger MaYzZz said...

maybe you should consider bringing this up. hahax. cos effort put in is not equals to our intended outcome. erm.. hope you understand wat i trying to say though. (=

ICA mods part, i think mayb you should try putting as much effort as what others are doing. Memorizing the ENTIRE notes. At least, you'll gain something other than no Bs??

Try it, otherwise you'll loose it.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home