Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Kirin, a girl with no eyes and a river of light.

Last night I had the strangest dream. The most magnificent creature I ever seen appeared in my dream which occured when I feel asleep shortly after meditations. The creature was no doubt a traditional Qilin (kirin in jap.). It had the most beautiful body of green scales, it was covered with fur on its head like a horse mane, and it also had fur on its hooves and upper leg areas. It looked right at me with those eyes so piercing and displayed its most magnificent form, feathers bright saffron in colour started to form around its head. To me it was some sort of lion dance you see at chinese new year, absolutely magnificent... somehow the atmosphere was stormy literally it was a setting in the air with storm clouds swirling around me.

In traditional chinese mythology, the Qilin manifests in many ways and for many reasons. "It is said to appear only in areas ruled by a wise and benevolent leader (some say even if this area is only a house). It is normally gentle but can become fierce if a pure person is threatened by a sinner, spouting flames from its mouth and exercising other fearsome powers that vary from story to story."

Another dream I had (I usually have multiple dreams in one night) involves a girl with no eyes and a river of light. This I have to say must be influenced by myself.

If one were to close their own eyelids one can notice that you arent actually closing your own eyes but you are still looking at your eyelids! I think many of my classmates know that I dont actually sleep with my eyes closed, this is because one can close their "inner eyelids". I have a habit of doing that. It is also according to some eastern traditions closing this inner eyelids for too long makes the eyes unable to function and dissapear ... eyeless like a horror movie. I saw the exact same girl standing in my dream with no eyes on a opposite river of light. The river was something I havent seen before... it was bright yet pleasant, emitting a audible hum noise. I wasnt intimidated by the girl or the river, I do hope I can explore that place again ...

Dreams, what do they actually mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home