Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Sunday, January 15, 2006

100th Post

Yes its the 100th post... Celebrating the reign of the magnificent Purry, sheding light on all who see him. Something like Amaterasu, or apollo or something. I must remember not to equate myself with Gods of the old ways.

Still pondering about Genetics and the great beyond ... I do indeed feel a little depressed over the last few days. I am overwhelmed with my current workload, my music is creeping up on me ... mathematics is breathing down my neck ... Chemistry and cell bio are all stalking me, microbio is dissolving into my membranes! I do not believe I will commit suicide/sepukku, a complete waste of time and effort ... I do not waste 1 life for a useless cause or for inanimate objects (like ideals or concepts.. science).

I once told my friend, Every action causes a reaction, and that reaction will yield a consequence, no matter what is the consequence will you take responsiblity for your actions? Though yet the search for the meaning of life is meaningless in itself ... we do have to continue this eternal cycle of nature.

My only beacon is James D watson's Double helix book, which shows me sometimes things that dont go your way, just somehow falls into place. Anyway, I kinda connect with him because I dislike physics just as much as him. And I laughed when I started reading the part about the Organic chemistry exploding benzene incident ... AND the part about riding the bicycle to Ole Maaloe's lab ... when he is supposed to be learning biochemistry in another lab. Smart move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home