Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Monday, April 25, 2005

More about my religion.

Contary to popular belief, I am not a Christian, nor am I a Jew. I am neither a Muslim, Bahai, Zoroastian, Buddhist, Taoist, Catholic, Eastern Orthodox Catholic, Pagan, Satanist, Wiccan, Shinto follower, Cult follower.

My religious stance at the moment is AGNOSTIC, please follow the link to find the meaning of this word. Although my blog points to alot of Christian and sometimes Pagan
information, I am neither of that. Rather, I belong closer to the Confucian branch. I am still wondering why is Confucianism considered a religion, is it because I offer offerings and incense to my ancestors? Hmmmm, and I dont seem to pray to any God either, I just follow the confucian way and method of doing things, including filial piety, respect for authority, responsiblilty (household, nation), and the yearning to learn more, revering my ancestors (remembering them) and the gentlemen code of conduct.
But of course in confucianism, I acknowledge the presence of heaven's will, but as Confucius himself would state it, "if the offering of prayers to the spirits of the earth and sky have to be made in order to get well (Confucius was sick), I think I had done that already (by his years of learning filial piety and ancestral worship)."

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home