Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Questions and on a lighter side...

Another religious based report in the straits times today made my brain juices flowing. And therefore I ask the question if those evangelists as well as other religious organisations can be allowed to exert their religious stance and religious beliefs onto anyone and everyone, why then can't we, Atheists express our disbelief right back at them openly? Is our society not accepting atheists as "good" people, well, at least as good as those religious people seem to be? Is it right for mission schools to preach messages from "holy texts" condemning disbelievers to "hell" and "eternal damnation" especially when the young are extremely impressionable? What are the consequences of such "condemnation"? Do such schools take into account that not every child can understand the complex concepts of religion. Im sure there are lots and lots of Atheist youths out there like me who asks the exact same question ... especially so if they are from mission schools for the majority of their lifes. Also there are many religious people out there who wonder why we simply do not convert ... its not stubborness and pride, its called intellect and reason. Question everything!

Ok on the lighter side and life ... School has been going quite well. Skipped XHL lesson on friday as I was quite tired and didnt have the mood to go for his lesson, left for home at 3 pm! I survived my first test on wednesday although I probably made a few blunders on that paper, I would not be suprised if I scored mediocre marks. There is another test coming up on thursday but there is a holiday on tuesday, which means careful planning for the weak.

Piano today(if we consider 1 am to be the next day) is at 11 that means I got to wake up at 10 latest, but preferbly at 9 am. I cleaned the toliets but not the floor ... Have not started cleaning my room yet. Also, might decide to kill the money plant or chop it into pieces as it is trailing all over my floor.

Just finished watching a documentary on vitamins on CNA, which is also a great eye opener... quite alot of information.

Remember to put money into my bank.

Thats about it, another week is gone and here we go into week 5!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home