Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Friday, March 03, 2006

Sage.

What does it take to be a Sage?(not the herb)....

It seems to be specified by a exemplary moral example that people will follow as mentioned by my master confucius. Its very intriguing to realise that all the philosophies are starting to make more sense to me now than when I was younger (like 13 years old when I stepped into the world of philosophy with ethics).

No wonder Confucius said: "At fifteen, I had my mind bent on learning. At thirty, I stood firm. At forty, I had no doubts. At fifty, I knew the decrees of Heaven. At sixty, my ear was an obedient organ for the reception of truth. At seventy, I could follow what my heart desired, without transgressing what was right."

I think this learning process is going to get tougher but It seems I can be able to understand more and draw more from my life experiences.

So many years ahead of me, so much more to learn. Great hope it isnt mathematics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home