Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Friday, October 27, 2006

Answers and sleepiness.

The whole "poem" has been made up of pieces and fragments from various irish/traditional songs as well as a play from william shakespear. I just picked up all of them and pieced them together. Lets see what they are. Answers are in bold after the sentence


You shine where you stand...And the more I think of you the more I think long.(Bonny Portmore) As she laid her hand on me and this she did say: It will not be long, love, 'til our wedding day.(She Moved Through the Fair) You're the first girl I courted, You're the one put my heart in a snare. And if ever I should lose you to another (Kellswater) I would swim over the deepest ocean ... for my true love to find. (Carrigfergus) If we meet again, 't will be by chance. If I said I'd marry you it was only for to try you. (The Blacksmith) So bring your witness love and I'll not deny you.(The Blacksmith) As you from your crimes would pardon'd be, let your indulgence set me free. (Prospero's last speech of The Tempest (Epilogue 1-20)by William Shakespear)

Siuil, siuil, siuil a ruin (translation: Go, go, go my love)
Siuil go sochair agus siuil go ciuin (translation: Go quietly and peacfully)
Siuil go doras agus ealaigh liom (translation: Go to the door and flee with me)
Is go dte tu mo mhuirnin slan (translation: And may you go safely my dear.)
thats from Siuil a ruin of course....

It was fun that I had listened to so many "love" songs even though I was much aware of it. But of course my idea of love songs much vary with that idea of the youths of today on what constitutes a love song. Such clean, loyal, and respectful love...

On to school life, as next week has two simultaneous papers that could probably spell my death. How delightful it is... and recently I have not been getting enough sleep as usual so I probably should also rest my brain more often. I still dream of you all these years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home