Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Today was truly how a gentlemen should spend his day, at a bookstore, browsing for books and meaningful CDs, being with your best friend, Having a cup of coffee (or tea rather) at various coffee houses. Spend the whole day socialising and talking about things and matters, slowly passing time like fine sand held in the palm of your hand, slivers of sand running through the fingers. Ending the night (or evening) with dinner with friends, relatives and having a great day. That is what life should be, or any afterlife should be like. Life would be filled with so much meaning ... I wished everyday could be like that. A occasional indulgence is quite beneficial to the spirit somehow it seems as so.

All this while spent earnestly with my friend, my mind was quite alof and floating among the the conversations we had. I was thinking of the book I wanted to borrow (Alexander Duma's Count of Monte Cristo/ Le Comte De Monte Cristo), because the previous night before, I had read quite a large volume of the chapters present in the book itself on the internet. Also I was occupied with the music of my new CD bought from borders , The Red Army Choir CD. It was rather expensive and I must duly remind (restrict) myself not to purchase such things again, although the songs were rather rare and worth the money itself. I would say, what a wonderful extensive repotoire of the Red Army Choir's works, among them the ever stunning "Moscow Nights" a solo voice that seems to bring a vision of quiet moscow, and the equally spectacular vocals done in a very patriotic. communist way displayed in the National Anthem of the USSR.

I have a very hectic day I presume (deduce) tomorrow, so I would reserve/retire myself for now for some quiet contemplation (question spotting) for tommorow's terror. Words of Wisdom from me, Life today, is still never a way to know life tommorow. My friends I bid you good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home