As the end of the academic year dawns upon us, We are forced to part our ways with our friends. Only now, I am left with a song to remind myself of the year that has passed and will soon be evapourated from the surface of our minds.
-------------------------------------------------------------
So tonight i'll sing a song to my friends,
Also to those we wont be seeing again.
To those I knew and those I still adore and I want to see once more,
I just pray that you will still love me and trust me.
Laugh with me and cry with me,
Spend those silent times with me ... Love me ever more.
You and I were lovers,
our dreams will not sail by us.
And WHEN MY FRIENDS BETRAY, that you never be my wife.
Harsh words were said and lies were TOLD INSTEAD,
I didn't ever mean to make you cry.
This is a relevant song if you replace the "lover", as a subject's idea (person), with the word AMBITION, or POWER. Yes I am in love with AMBITION and POWER, it is because that my friends BETRAYED US, that ambition and power were separated from me.
I would like to take this great oppurtunity to thank all my friends that supported me, helped me in my times of peril, has substantially contributed to my success, among these people, I would specially want to thank Mr Wang Shaojun, who inspite of all the degrading comments and inccessant reminders, proved to be a wonderful loyal person. To Wang Shaojun, please remember "Mine is the first step and therefore a small one, though worked out with much thought and hard labor. You, my reader or hearer of my lectures, if you think I have done as much as can fairly be expected of an initial start. . . will acknowledge what I have achieved and will pardon what I have left for others to accomplish."
And also I would specially extend my gratitude to Mr Hu Zhijia, who provided me with a suitable target for my biting criticisms and also giving me an outlet for my malicious thoughts or ideas. I would also like to thank some friends of mine, Notably those that had ever known me personally, Chan Ho, WeiXin, Aaron Choy, Chester Goh, Chan Xian En, the current girls of my class(5A), entire Class 5a, 4g(2003), 3g(2002), 2g(2001), 1g(2000), my fellow comrades from these classess, I Salute you.
Thought of the day,(Aristotle's philosophy sumarisation) Ethics, as viewed by Aristotle, is an attempt to find out our chief end or highest good: an end which he maintains is really final. Though many ends of life are only means to further ends, our aspirations and desires must have some final object or pursuit. Such a chief end is universally called happiness. But people mean such different things by the expression that he finds it necessary to discuss the nature of it for himself. For starters, happiness must be based on human nature, and must begin from the facts of personal experience. Thus, happiness cannot be found in any abstract or ideal notion, like Plato's self-existing good. It must be something practical an human. It must then be found in the work and life which is unique to humans. But this is neither the vegetative life we share with plants nor the sensitive existence which we share with animals. It follows therefore that true happiness lies in the active life of a rational being or in a perfect realization and outworking of the true soul and self, continued throughout a lifetime. So my fellow comrades and friends, happiness is the true goal that we should work at. Although power and ambition are the next on my lists, but happiness should be the final goal.
Here ends today's post.
-------------------------------------------------------------
So tonight i'll sing a song to my friends,
Also to those we wont be seeing again.
To those I knew and those I still adore and I want to see once more,
I just pray that you will still love me and trust me.
Laugh with me and cry with me,
Spend those silent times with me ... Love me ever more.
You and I were lovers,
our dreams will not sail by us.
And WHEN MY FRIENDS BETRAY, that you never be my wife.
Harsh words were said and lies were TOLD INSTEAD,
I didn't ever mean to make you cry.
This is a relevant song if you replace the "lover", as a subject's idea (person), with the word AMBITION, or POWER. Yes I am in love with AMBITION and POWER, it is because that my friends BETRAYED US, that ambition and power were separated from me.
I would like to take this great oppurtunity to thank all my friends that supported me, helped me in my times of peril, has substantially contributed to my success, among these people, I would specially want to thank Mr Wang Shaojun, who inspite of all the degrading comments and inccessant reminders, proved to be a wonderful loyal person. To Wang Shaojun, please remember "Mine is the first step and therefore a small one, though worked out with much thought and hard labor. You, my reader or hearer of my lectures, if you think I have done as much as can fairly be expected of an initial start. . . will acknowledge what I have achieved and will pardon what I have left for others to accomplish."
And also I would specially extend my gratitude to Mr Hu Zhijia, who provided me with a suitable target for my biting criticisms and also giving me an outlet for my malicious thoughts or ideas. I would also like to thank some friends of mine, Notably those that had ever known me personally, Chan Ho, WeiXin, Aaron Choy, Chester Goh, Chan Xian En, the current girls of my class(5A), entire Class 5a, 4g(2003), 3g(2002), 2g(2001), 1g(2000), my fellow comrades from these classess, I Salute you.
Thought of the day,(Aristotle's philosophy sumarisation) Ethics, as viewed by Aristotle, is an attempt to find out our chief end or highest good: an end which he maintains is really final. Though many ends of life are only means to further ends, our aspirations and desires must have some final object or pursuit. Such a chief end is universally called happiness. But people mean such different things by the expression that he finds it necessary to discuss the nature of it for himself. For starters, happiness must be based on human nature, and must begin from the facts of personal experience. Thus, happiness cannot be found in any abstract or ideal notion, like Plato's self-existing good. It must be something practical an human. It must then be found in the work and life which is unique to humans. But this is neither the vegetative life we share with plants nor the sensitive existence which we share with animals. It follows therefore that true happiness lies in the active life of a rational being or in a perfect realization and outworking of the true soul and self, continued throughout a lifetime. So my fellow comrades and friends, happiness is the true goal that we should work at. Although power and ambition are the next on my lists, but happiness should be the final goal.
Here ends today's post.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home