Review and some life?
The Book Review
I could not find the Microterrors book (as mentioned in the previous post) so I settled for something else. The Five-Second Rule and Other Myths About Germs was not as I would had expected. First and foremost, the Five second rule refers to some saying about dropping food onto a surface such as the floor would be safe for consumption if picked up within five seconds. In the book, I don't see this being answered anywhere on whether it was fact or fiction. However, what I got was a whole lot of introductory microbiology (which I studied for about a year for 2 modules) in which I wasn't keen to repeat for about 200 pages. Very dissapointing indeed. Thank goodness there was the 25 Frequently Asked Questions section at the back of the book that somewhat redeemed itself. At least I found the HIV and mosquito as vector of transmission question answered in that section.
Some Life.
Went to east coast park with my parents and sister and left home at 2.54pm. My sister brought her roller blades along and my parents and I went for a short walk. It has been a while since we went out together like this and it was rather nice change. We had three ice creams for a total of $12.70. It wasn't so sunny and my headache didn't act up until we got back to the car after 1hr and 45 minutes or so. Then we went to IKEA at Alexandra. Oh my, renovations were not what I had expected and all the other shops were gone, like Burger King. At the store, I got myself a pillow like contraption that fits onto my swivel chair so that I can read without getting tired around the neck area. My sister wanted to get a shelf and we got a couple of door mats to replace the rugs outside our rooms. Then after our 1hr and 20mins of shopping we went to have Teochew porridge at Henderson. Thats where my headache reached its climax and I reached into my pocket and retrived my trusty paracetamol tablet. After finishing our dinner we headed home and prepared for Mahjong. I won 4 times! It was great luck.
Will scout for more books next week to read. Saw the two headed baby in the newspapers, that coincides with my re-reading of Mutants! Tapping too much into the human collective subconciousness has its advantages perhaps.
I could not find the Microterrors book (as mentioned in the previous post) so I settled for something else. The Five-Second Rule and Other Myths About Germs was not as I would had expected. First and foremost, the Five second rule refers to some saying about dropping food onto a surface such as the floor would be safe for consumption if picked up within five seconds. In the book, I don't see this being answered anywhere on whether it was fact or fiction. However, what I got was a whole lot of introductory microbiology (which I studied for about a year for 2 modules) in which I wasn't keen to repeat for about 200 pages. Very dissapointing indeed. Thank goodness there was the 25 Frequently Asked Questions section at the back of the book that somewhat redeemed itself. At least I found the HIV and mosquito as vector of transmission question answered in that section.
Some Life.
Went to east coast park with my parents and sister and left home at 2.54pm. My sister brought her roller blades along and my parents and I went for a short walk. It has been a while since we went out together like this and it was rather nice change. We had three ice creams for a total of $12.70. It wasn't so sunny and my headache didn't act up until we got back to the car after 1hr and 45 minutes or so. Then we went to IKEA at Alexandra. Oh my, renovations were not what I had expected and all the other shops were gone, like Burger King. At the store, I got myself a pillow like contraption that fits onto my swivel chair so that I can read without getting tired around the neck area. My sister wanted to get a shelf and we got a couple of door mats to replace the rugs outside our rooms. Then after our 1hr and 20mins of shopping we went to have Teochew porridge at Henderson. Thats where my headache reached its climax and I reached into my pocket and retrived my trusty paracetamol tablet. After finishing our dinner we headed home and prepared for Mahjong. I won 4 times! It was great luck.
Will scout for more books next week to read. Saw the two headed baby in the newspapers, that coincides with my re-reading of Mutants! Tapping too much into the human collective subconciousness has its advantages perhaps.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home