Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finished those books. Want new content.

Just finished reading Social Contract last night. Was hell difficult to read and comprehend so many concepts written in such profound english. Reminded myself of Voltaire while reading it. Finished Flowers for Algernon a few days ago in about 4 hours straight, that was much more relaxing and easy to read compared to Social Contract. Then I proceeded to finish the Chances Are... Adventures in probability book as I noticed that there was a bookmark cleaved in between some pages. I finished that too but at a considerable slower pace than Flowers for Algernon.

Now im just left with the Mutants, on genetic variety and the human body which similarly, has a bookmark in one of the pages. I took it down from my bookshelf and removed the bookmark and just started re-reading it again. 1984 had a bookmark in it but it was at the end of the book. Strange, I don't remember some parts of the book now...

I just keep forgeting to finish my books probably due to the previous school schedule and workload. Without school, like now, im free to read all I want all day! Im eyeing the book called Microterrors : The Complete Guide to Bacterial, viral and Fungal Infections That Threaten Our Health. Maybe I'll go get it someday when I finish Mutants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home