New books just in!
Well well well... Had sushi for lunch at Sushi Tei again.... thats for the 5th consequtive time since I came back from aussie. Was with Xue qing, Edwin and Li Quan. Xue Qing and Li Quan went off after that.
Edwin and I by fate and chance, decided to go Kinokuniya. Anyway, I had just recieved 32 dollars from Li Quan as payment for my badly damaged book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (UK version). Luckily, I have read it already through and even though I am an Atheist, I didn't much like the book anyway.(too much rhetorics, not enough evidences) Im not here to give a review of it just yet though.
I have just bought myself 3 books from Kinokuniya. I didn't realise they were having 20 percent off! I bought 2 books at first, Freakonomics and The Omnivore's Delemma. Total price: was 40 dollars and with 20 percent discount .... (drumroll) 32 dollars ONLY!
Damn, when I saw that I was pleasantly suprised ! So both of us went to return our library books after that. On the way down, we passed by Kino again and I couldnt resist going in to buy more~! I bought Sophie's World, yet again because the previous copy was given to Kai Qing. And it was only 10 dollars ++, what a deal! I like that book because I love the way the story is laid out... and the introduction to all sort of philosophies.
Talking about non-fiction, I dont understand why my secondary school used to advocate the reading of story books and fiction only during the allocated reading time. Not everyone enjoys fiction and non-fiction books are geared towards people who love to write expository essays and discussion essays (Me of course).
Very happy with the books though, and I am reading them right now. I forsee that my storage of my books is going to exceed a certain capacity by next year, in which I have to reorganise the whole shelf again... maybe get rid of that 8 years of national geographic resting at the bottom shelf. Anyone wanna read or adopt my National geographic collection?
Edwin and I by fate and chance, decided to go Kinokuniya. Anyway, I had just recieved 32 dollars from Li Quan as payment for my badly damaged book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins (UK version). Luckily, I have read it already through and even though I am an Atheist, I didn't much like the book anyway.(too much rhetorics, not enough evidences) Im not here to give a review of it just yet though.
I have just bought myself 3 books from Kinokuniya. I didn't realise they were having 20 percent off! I bought 2 books at first, Freakonomics and The Omnivore's Delemma. Total price: was 40 dollars and with 20 percent discount .... (drumroll) 32 dollars ONLY!
Damn, when I saw that I was pleasantly suprised ! So both of us went to return our library books after that. On the way down, we passed by Kino again and I couldnt resist going in to buy more~! I bought Sophie's World, yet again because the previous copy was given to Kai Qing. And it was only 10 dollars ++, what a deal! I like that book because I love the way the story is laid out... and the introduction to all sort of philosophies.
Talking about non-fiction, I dont understand why my secondary school used to advocate the reading of story books and fiction only during the allocated reading time. Not everyone enjoys fiction and non-fiction books are geared towards people who love to write expository essays and discussion essays (Me of course).
Very happy with the books though, and I am reading them right now. I forsee that my storage of my books is going to exceed a certain capacity by next year, in which I have to reorganise the whole shelf again... maybe get rid of that 8 years of national geographic resting at the bottom shelf. Anyone wanna read or adopt my National geographic collection?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home