Comte De Monte Cristo

Here rests the thoughts of an immortal, making of what the world hath thrown at him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paris, Island of Monte Cristo, Singapore

"My dear count," cried Morcerf, "you are at fault--you, one of the most formidable logicians I know--and you must see it clearly proved that instead of being an egotist, you are a philanthropist. Ah, you call yourself Oriental, a Levantine, Maltese, Indian, Chinese; your family name is Monte Cristo; Sinbad the Sailor is your baptismal appellation, and yet the first day you set foot in Paris you instinctively display the greatest virtue, or rather the chief defect, of us eccentric Parisians,--that is, you assume the vices you have not, and conceal the virtues you possess."

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Moral Choice

In view of the degress of personal morality, I have decided to review and learn my old ethics. Manupilation people aint that fun at all, I grow tired of having to control every single action, word, though, subconcious activity of others in my social circle. As much as I could wish for a change, change comes at a price. What am I going to give up for such a change?

Simple question requires a simpler answer ... Pride. Its high time I threw away my pride being the all knowing leader of a pack, a mastermind of sorts to become a more ... not so active role. Even now, I feel the urge to make changes even though I am not in leadership position, the beckoning urge to tell people what to do is right or wrong. So I say to you, I will only give advise only when its at the most dangerous critical point, all other advise will be given only if asked. I say to myself too, that I should not be responsible if my information could save someonelse but I did not divulge, it was because the person did not ask. Technically, I still feel strange in my course of study ... everyone seems to like science but I art certainly aint liking it much at all.

My dreams of my younger days were actually becoming dust, I wanted to be a lawyer, a businessman, a power politican perhaps. None had prepared me for my fate as it is now. As fate intervenes, just as the jews/christians say god does, the muslims say allah does ... life is changed everyday. But ultimately the key to everyone's answer is choice, the key that opens or closes doors is "choice". That is the ultimate word. A wrong turn in the wrong direction doesn't mean point of no return, take every wrong turn as a challenge, a wrong footing as an learning adventure. I can say to you: The world is nothing but under your feet, and destiny exists only in the palm of your hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home